Sunday, November 08, 2009

Pumpkeen

That is what Tobin calls them. And he is obsessed by the way. Totally obsessed with pumpkins. He is also picking up words amazingly fast right now. He puts two words together even. He calls Elinore "Nee-nore" which is so cute. His favorite thing to do these days is put his toy chair next to our love seat, stand on the very back of it, and do a flip over the arm onto the couch. Sweet. Not allowed, by the way,...although hard to discipline when you're cracking up...

 
 
 

Elinore was a fairy for Halloween this year. Thanks to my mom for making her skirt! She was in love with her costume. The night was quite cold, but it didn't seem to bother her. I don't think she would have dreamt of taking off her wings to put on her coat!

The next morning I made her give up half of her candy (she picked which ones), and then I told her she could eat as much as she wants. My policy is: get it out of the house as fast as possible so that I don't have to fight that battle for weeks. Besides I'd rather have one super junky day than lots of sort of junky days. Anyway, she kept asking me how many pieces she was allowed to eat. I don't think she believed "you can have as much as you want". The only thing she ate all day besides candy was a banana, and by the time she went to bed she was feeling rather sick! I guess it worked because the next morning she gave up (totally unprompted) three of the remaining five pieces of candy, and then it was gone! And she didn't seem to mind.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Caitlyn said...

WOW! What a beautiful fairy! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. I'll bring a helmet for Tobe to wear around the house while I'm there.