Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tulip Time

Well, Tulip Time has come and gone, and I suddenly realized I didn't say much about it. The tulips were perfectly timed this year (a true miracle), the weather was beautiful, Elinore really liked watching the Dutch Dancers (she wanted to join them), Jen ate too many corn dogs, and Kevin ate too many elephant ears (but we loved every minute of all that junk food). We are grateful the festival only lasts one week. We splurge and then wait a whole year til it comes around again!
The first photo is of Elinore and Kevin watching the big parade. There were lots of marching bands, floats, dancers, horses, cars, and even a fire truck. Elinore seemed to enjoy the whole thing, amazing since it was almost 2 hours long. The rest of the photos are from Veldheer's Tulip Farm. Rows and rows and rows of tulips. It was really pretty and quite a feat to keep Elinore from trampling any of them. There is a fine for each tulip you damage-something like $100/tulip.
Yes, this is actually a tulip. Isn't it beautiful!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Her summer hat looks so cute!!

I still say "way-ash." Love you!

Anonymous said...

Nadya! This is Zhanna! I love your pictures. Did you know I just had a son? He's three months.

http://hopeladies.blogspot.com/

Be well----

jen said...

Zhanna! It is so good to hear from you. This blog world is truly a crazy place. I'd love you hear more about how you are doing! Your son is adorable!!