Thursday, June 15, 2006

Camping

Here's a little peak at some photos from our camping trip last weekend. We drove up to PJ Hoffmaster State Park for a cold weekend of camping. Elinore was awesome! I think we decided that she won the best camper award. I think she actually liked sleeping in a tent. S'mores, yummy dinner, sitting around the campfire, afternoons at the beach. It is not quite as great as I remember it as a kid (maybe I just realize how much work it is now), but it doesn't really compare to anything. Sitting at the fire looking up at the canopy of trees overhead. It's nice. Lydia is the redhead (our niece) and the second photo has Kev's parents in it.


 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ang said...

Brrr, it looks so cold.

Sherrie said...

Jen, I'm glad you thawed out enough to be able to post. As I look at the pictures, I remember the cold and the good food but also: the raccoons(?) who liked tortillas and chocolate bars, Sam and Grandpa making a "Mofty" (Muck + Lofty) in the tent, Lydia's getting us all to "cup" (clap) around the fire, Elinore's good nature in spite of the cold, remote control boats piloted by boys young and old, smokey fires to keep us warm, and, best of all, stories of youthful risk-taking pranks, shared around the campfire. You're right, Jen, there is nothing quite like camping.